15 Buddha Quotes That Will Put Your Soul @ Ease.
sidartha Gautam known as "Buddha" was an actual man, and his life story has been told by many. The facts vary from one retelling to the next, but the story of the founder of Buddhism is about the path to enlightenment, not about earthly specifics. Buddha's message is one of love: "You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection."Here is some his words that will put your soul @ ease.
1. Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
2. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
3. To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
4. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
5. To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
6. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
7. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
8. You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
9. Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
10. It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
11. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
12. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
13. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
14. The foolish man conceives the idea of 'self.' The wise man sees there is no ground on which to build the idea of 'self;' thus, he has a right conception of the world and well concludes that all compounds amassed by sorrow will be dissolved again, but the truth will remain.
15. What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?